IaCMA’s Annual Manager of the Year Award honors chief administrators whose accomplishments and superior work performance represent the best possible application of management principles and who’s creative contributions to professional local government management increases public awareness of the value of professional management to the quality of life in our communities.
- To be considered for the Manager of the Year Award, the chief administrator must be a full (voting) IaCMA member.
- Candidate must be employed as the chief appointed administrative officer in a municipality.
- Candidate must have overall management responsibility and be appointed or confirmed by the legislative body, the elected chief executive and/or the chief appointed administrative officer.
HOW TO MAKE A NOMINATION
Please include a brief, descriptive narrative. Complete Sections 1 and 2 of the nomination cover sheet and staple it in front of the narrative. The narrative should demonstrate how the chief administrator has made significant contributions to the governmental entity served as demonstrated by:
Contributions to the municipality that he/she serves
- Enacted policies or practices that have enhanced the efficiency and effectiveness of their municipality
- Leadership & Management Skills
- Personal and Professional Development Activities
- Professionalism & Integrity
- Employee Development
- Community and Civic Service
- Public Stewardship
Contributions to ICMA/IaCMA
- Serving as an officer, committee member or volunteer
- Serving as a workshop presenter or meeting facilitator for training sessions
- Serving as a mentor
- Publishing articles
- Developing survey, studies or reports
- Achieving professional certifications or designations
The IaCMA Manager of the Year will be awarded during the IaCMA networking reception on September 16 in Coralville. The deadline for nomination is August 27, 2021. Nomination forms may be requested from Dylan Mulfinger or from the Iowa League of Cities.
Submitting Your Nomination
Applications of each descriptive narrative along with the nomination form shall be received at the close of business on August 27, 2021.
Attention: IaCMA Awards Committee
Iowa League of Cities
500 SW 7th Street, Suite 101
Des Moines, IA 50309-4111
Nominations may be e-mailed to: IaCMA’s Professional Awards Committee; Dylan Mulfinger.
The Association’s past award recipients include:
2009 Carol Ann Diekema- Monroe
2010 Jeff Mark- Altoona
2011 Bill Daily- Belle Plaine
2012 Tom Brownlow- Charles City
2013 Jim Ferneau- Burlington
2014 Elizabeth Hansen – Nevada
2015 Jessica Kinser – Clinton
2016 Jeff Pomeranz – Cedar Rapids
2017 Aaron Burnett – Keokuk
2018 Michael Schrock – Oskaloosa
2019 Matt Mardesen – Nevada
2020 Kim Downs – Hiawatha