Gaining Project Support
from your team, elected officials, and public
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 PT (2:00 – 3:30 p.m. ET)
*** Advance registration required for this webinar ***
1. What’s key to presenting your idea or project effectively?
2. How can everyone play a role in leading and supporting productive change?
3. What can we learn from case studies about how to navigate and serve successfully?
* Paul Casey, City Manager, Santa Barbara, CA
* Anthony Lyons, City Manager, Gainesville, FL
* Hannes Zacharias, NACA President, former CAO Johnson County, KS
Post-Webinar Discussion Questions:
Many agencies organize groups to participate in the webinars (live or recorded) and discuss the topics among themselves after the webinars. Some are summarizing their discussions and distributing them to managers throughout their organizations. Here are some discussion starters for this session.
a. What are some important projects or initiatives that need support?
b. What strategies and tactics can help us present them and engage others more effectively?
c. What steps do we want to take?
Audience: all persons in or interested in local government
Meets Practice 2. Community Engagement, 8. Policy Facilitation and Implementation, 14. Communication and Information Sharing